Thursday, February 26, 2009

Talented People Suck

I have friends that are musicians, painters, woodworkers, writers and myriad other amazing artists. I think I hate them. Seriously... I hate them.



OK, so hate may be a strong word, but rabid jealously might be a good description! I try to paint... ummm, I suck. Anyone that knows me knows that I am NOT a musician nor a singer. (Though I do like to pretend that I could rock a sold out show when I'm in the car all by myself.) Wood carving? No way... I am a klutz and as bad as I am at 2D art, I learned long ago that I am even worse at 3D. So, I'm kind of out of "talents".



I used to be well known for a skill that will remain unmentioned, but I still don't think that counts as a "talent".... and besides, even that's a little rusty these days! I have been married a very long time.



Wait... I've got it. Perhaps my talent is amassing talented friends. Does that even count? I'm claiming it! And since I have so many, I must be VERY talented!



Take that, talented friends!

2 comments:

  1. everyone has a hidden talent... just keep looking, try some art work & send me some photos... i bet youre better than you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honoured Kitchen Turtle,

    Peaceful greetings from Jamaica.

    Wholeheartedly agreed with Idren Clay. We all have talents. More importantly...find your passion! Passion can accomplish what talent can only imagine.

    Bless Up,
    Lady Roots

    ReplyDelete